In the Primitive Catholic Community, we seek to live our lives in conformity with our Rule of Common Life, which, while simple, is intended to challenge us to develop a deeper, more vital relationship with God, and with others.
Each member of the Primitive Catholic Community shall:
- Seek to grow in fidelity to the faith revealed in Sacred Scripture.
- Seek to conform themselves ever more fully to the image and likeness of Christ Jesus.
- Seek to live a life of balance and harmony, faithfully balancing prayer, family, work, and other commitments.
- Seek to serve others who find themselves on the margins of society.
- Seek to foster a sense of fellowship and unity among their fellow Community members.
Each member of the Primitive Catholic Community lives out the rule by pledging:
- To receive Sacred Scripture as the inspired, infallible Word of God.
- To believe and profess, without reservation, the Apostles' and Nicene Creeds as witnesses to Scriptural truth.
- To proclaim and practice, in ministry and in personal living, a commitment to a godly lifestyle.
- To set aside time daily for prayer and meditation.
- To actively seek opportunities for ministry in settings which are found to be neglected in our area.
- To receive the Holy Eucharist frequently, especially upon the Lord's Day and the Great Feasts of the Church.
- To gather for retreats and remain in close contact with other Community members on a regular basis.